Monday, May 24, 2010

Saturday trip-Grandma's 95th

On Saturday I loaded up the boys and drove them to Bloomington, Il for my Grandma's 95th birthday party. (Andy had a day full of lacrosse and baseball, so he couldn't go.) It was also a chance to see my brother, Joe, in Illinois for the week from San Diego. The boys did great on the trip-we went there and back in one day. I did leave Ewan's shoes at my cousin's house-oops! We had to stop and get a pair of sandals for him so he would have a something to wear on his feet (and, he's hardly worn the sandals-my kids don't usually wear flip flops-we bought shoes the next day). There was only one moment of breakdown with 10 minutes left on our return trip-it was almost 10pm. But, thanks to snacks and the portable DVD player, no one was too grumpy! Seeing everyone was great. It's fun to see all the little cousins play and Don has tw0 sons who were GREAT with the boys. Following are the obligatory group photos we must have at every family get-together...(thanks to Courtney for these pics I copied off of facebook. she has a nicer camera than I do)

The Spielman siblings...Jim, Joe, me and Bitsy

These next photos are "generation" shots.

The great-grandkids and Grandma-Xander (being held), Ryan holding Abbie, Grandma, Nathan holding Liam, Marcus, Ewan with his eyes covered (too sunny!), Maddie and Cale



The grandkids and spouses-Courtney and Jim, Don, Dan, Eric, me Grandma, Joe and Bitsy


The "kids" and Lanny-Lanny, Aunt Claud, Mom, Grandma, Aunt Eileen

No comments: