Monday, May 31, 2010

Our summer bucket list

Staying awake all night is tough (I'm at work). But, it gives me time to think about what I want to do this summer with the family. Here is our "bucket list" of what I would like to do (all items subject to change at any time).

1. Andy and the boys go fishing
2. Cousins' reunion in Illinois
3. Family vacation to Cincinnati
4. T-ball for Marcus and Cale through YMCA
5. Summer reading program for entire family
6. Piano lessons for the boys, taught by moi
7. a long overdue visit from my sister and her kids-including possible outings to the Children's Museum and Indianapolis Zoo
8. a camp-out, in a tent, maybe just Andy and the boys, maybe just in our backyard
9. Vacation Bible School
10. improve on bike riding skills
11. rollerblading
12. work on learning to swim/fun at the water park
13. Bible memory verses
14. Andy to do the RAIN ride
15. Run, go to parks, play outside
16. Draw, color, invent, create

That's all I can think of for now. Ok, some of the items are kind of gimmies-the boys are already registered for t-ball, we are definitely going to the reunion and VBS-and some are kind of random. I just wanted a list of things to do so that when someone says "I'm bored", I can direct them to a list of activities they can pick from. Will it work? Will we actually complete all our items? Stay tuned.

I think we will have fun this summer.

No comments: