Saturday, May 22, 2010

May 22, 1999

It's hard to believe that 11 years ago, I married my best friend. Who else would have been able to put up with all my crazy :-). I don't know if where we are right now is where we thought we would be in 11 years, but I think it's the right place for us right now. I remember picking this date because I didn't want a June wedding, July was too hot, and Butler football practice started in August. May it was. The actually date was chosen because that was a date that the Scovill Golf Course reception hall was available. Then, the next day, I graduated from Millikin University. The wedding seemed like such a blur. I just remember being so happy the day had finally arrived. I love looking at our wedding photos and posted some for you!

One of my favorite pictures of the two of us. Can I just say that I loved my wedding dress. I loved all the little embroidery on it, and yet, it was still simple.


The entire wedding party. Not to sure why the photographer made us stand in a single line. I didn't have enough experience to say-"hey, how about a different set up?" (From left to right: Andy Heck, Allene Knobloch, Beth Orr, Suzanne Stutz, Elizabeth Spielman, me, Andy, Chris Shaffer, Jeff Shaffer, Carlton Washburn, Jesse Walton, Chris Grimes, Joe Spielman, Jim Spielman, Kyle Osborne, ringbearer Nathan Teichman) And, yes, Andy Heck was my bridal attendant (like a guy bridesmaid). I wanted to include one of best friends from high school, college and work in my wedding.



How happy we look after the wedding! I'm pretty sure I was so tired of standing!



My beautiful cake, made by Mary Sloan from church. I showed her some ideas and she created this! I love all the little flowers and curls. She is very talented!



Chris, Andy, Jeff and Kyle looking tough. They did this same pose at Chris's wedding.


Our first dance. "At Last" by Ella Fitzgerald. After that, I remember a lot of Will Smith songs being requested=some awesome dancing.
And they lived happily ever after....




1 comment:

Perkins said...

Happy Anniversary! I remember that day so well! You had such a beautiful wedding!