Wednesday, May 5, 2010

impromtu reno

Andy is hard at work tonight laying tile in the laundry room. He has already painted the room-just white-to cover all the marks from moving appliances in and out. I'm excited that we found a washer and dryer on craigslist and will pick them up on Sunday. It was a set that I thought had been sold already, but the guy called me and Andy went to look at them. How funny to find out that the guy selling the washer and dryer knows the boys basketball coach where Andy works! Talk about a small world. I think we're getting a pretty good deal. They are a Whirlpool set, 4 yrs old, just serviced for $350. Our current set is a Whirlpool off brand that we had for 5 years (and were the 3rd owners). If we get 4 years out of this set, that will be a good deal, I think. So, for right now, we do not even have our old washer hooked up anymore. It's been about 6 years since I've had to go to a laundromat and I'm hoping to go tomorrow morning because a family of 6 cannot let their clothes pile up like we have. And, hopefully on Mother's Day, Andy will be moving my "new" washer/dryer in :-). I'm pretty sure it's not what a lot of moms would want for Mother's Day, but I'm satisfied. When everything is hooked up, I will post a picture of Andy's handywork.

No comments: