Friday, March 28, 2008
Marcus finally let us capture his "war face".
Cale enjoyed poising for his.
Ewan-not too sure if he gets the idea, but he's always up to a photo shoot. Of course, there are lots of distractions and it was hard to get him to look right at the camera.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Talk Is Cheap
- Talking costs 19 cents per minute
- To say I will run a marathon costs .3 cents
- Running a marathon while weighing 195, at 6 mph costs $7.75
- compared with action talk really is cheaper
- This same idea appears several times throughout the New Testament
- Why do you call me Lord Lord and do not do the things I say?
- Directed at Pharisees, hypocrites
- This idea again Matt 15:8
- honor me with your lips but your hearts are far from me
- These ideas show us that talking gets us nowhere but the only things that matter are actions
- talking about running a marathon won’t move you the 26.2 miles
- saying you are a Christian doesn’t mean much if you don’t back it up with the actions appropriate for a Christian
- We only progress as people and as Christians by acting in a manner that is appropriate for a Christian not just talking about being a Christian
- Telling your boss you will do something doesn’t mean much if you don’t finish the project
- It costs 258 times more to run the marathon than it costs to say you will run a marathon
- Are you willing to spend the extra money to run the marathon?
- Are you willing to put forth the effort it takes to mature and be more than just a talker
- Or, are you like the people Paul mentions in Titus 1:16 Willing to say you know God but deny him through your works?
Now is the time to begin running your marathon.
If you feel you need to start acting and stop talking, the water is ready
Maybe you are half way done and ran out of energy and need the church’s support we are here for you
Perhaps you need direction on where to begin your race, the elders are here for you
But come now
Saturday, March 22, 2008
We've been searching for the Chief Illiniwek symbol to use as our wallpaper on our computer. Last night, we found videos (lots) of the Chief dancing. So, I told Andy we could post one, just for him on the blog.
Also, I was so proud of the boys last night. I took them to the Leadership Training for Christ (I also call it 4H for church) convention. It's where kids have done projects based around a passage in the Bible. Anyway, we went to watch the puppet shows and the boys were terrific! They sat still, and did not talk during any of the shows-and I think we watched at least 6. So, I just wanted to brag about them a little bit. After the puppets, they were a bit wound up, so they had a harder time sitting still during the group assembly. Luckily, it was mostly singing, we sat in the very back, and there were probably 300 people there to mask the sound of my three boys. I would say that they all had a good time.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
In February, Grammy Pammy came for a visit. We took the boys to Connor Prairie, which is an outdoor pioneer museum. During the winter, they have a play area to go to with pioneer-ish activities and areas. You should be able to click on the photo to see the kids at play along with cookie making with Grammy. They had a full day!Just an extra picture of each of the boys from February. They grow so fast, and I know people like to see current photos of them.
Here's one more photo. We had our first set of friends over for playtime last Sunday. They are two brothers from church. The younger of the two is Marcus's age and his brother is 5. We got looks of sympathy from some of the people at church when they found out we were taking 2 extra boys home with us for the afternoon. But, you know what, everyone played great together and the time seemed to fly by. I'm sure we will be doing this again soon!
Monday, March 3, 2008
I found this website listed in another blog. The website lists a Bible verse for every day of the year. I think it's a sweet way to share the Bible with someone else. I guess it's just fun to think of having a Bible verse personlized for you (and everyone else who share's your birthday-I know).
Here is Andy's:
1 John 4:17 NIV
In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him.
Romans 12:17 NIV
Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.
Matthew 7:7 NIV
“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Mark 11:22 NIV
“Have faith in God,” Jesus answered.
Isaiah 9:6 NIV
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
So, there we go. Something different to look at and think about. I wonder what your birthverse is?