Wednesday, May 19, 2010

3 to 2

I just got off a stint of working 3 in a row. For me that means 3 7p-7a shifts in the pediatric icu. And, it was great and everything (until 6a this morning-but it all worked out), but it just reinforced my decision to go back to working just 2 days a week. So I have emailed my director and am waiting for a response. I can't imagine it would be anything but "yes". I'll work my current schedule through July and then hopefully go to 2 days a week. It will make scheduling things at home easier and not as stressful when Andy starts football the first week of August. Watching the boys inhale food, I realize I may always have to work a few days a week to pay for the large amount of groceries they will no doubt consume. But, hopefully going to 2 days will allow me to not be as tired and enjoy being a mom more.

On a totally unrelated note, my kids love rice cakes. I love that they love rice cakes and will ask for those as a snack. They especially like the big ones-a special treat! I bet one day they'll figure out that there's better snack food out there, but until then...

No comments: