Wednesday, July 30, 2008

VBS: Day 3

Well, today was the story of the good Samaritan and how we can serve others. My class made first aid kits to use when someone gets hurt and helped stuff pillows that I think are being shipped to Malawi. The kids are being good for their age, although, I've about had enough of a few of boys needing to go potty every 20 minutes. I know these kids have smaller bladders, but, come on...And, I was coming off my third night of work, so I was a teensy bit sleep deprived.

I'm trying to think of a funny story or two to share....I have a 3 year old who has repeatedly asked me where the monkey is (last year, a kid dressed up as a gorilla as part of a skit and it freaked out the 2 and 3 year old class-I had kids crawling over each other to sit in my lap-I digress), my "potty stars" told me they had to go to the bathroom 10 minutes into the start of VBS today, I have instituted a 5 second hand wash policy (not quite hygenic, but when I've got a line of 13 kiddos....), I have a 3 year old who deliberately breaks crayons-right in front of me!, I have another 3 year old who laced her fruity-o's necklace beautifully, my new motto is "If I can't glue-stick it, it's not worth doing"

One more day, and the ice cream social in the evening!

No comments: