Monday, July 28, 2008

VBS update: day 1

Today was the start of VBS @ our church. The theme this year is "Service with a S-M-I-L-E" and every day focuses on a different Bible story that deals with service. Anyway, I'm teaching the 2 and 3 years old class. Monday we had 13 kids in there and 4 adults. The Bible story for the day was about Ruth and how she took care of Naomi. I got the kids to dress up with headdresses and "look" for "grain" (fake flowers) like Ruth did in the fields. The kids walked around in their headgear, hunched over, saying "I'm so hungry" as they searched for the "grain". Priceless-and I didn't have my camera. Other highlights of the day include: the potty in my classroom overflowed b/c of excessive amounts of toilet paper being used, a 2 year old had a 15 minute tantrum b/c we put in time-out (sitting in a chair, mind you) b/c she was throwing toys. Tomorrow should be interesting....
Andy taught the 5th and 6th graders and made them pull weeds outside....and those kids were excited that Andy was teaching their class....

No comments: