Wednesday, July 30, 2008

VBS update: Day 2

Today was the story of the men who lowered their friend through the roof of a building so he could be healed by Jesus. We talked about serving our friends and made friendship necklaces out of fruit loops-one to keep and one to give to our friends. Today was much more low key-no big events in our classroom. I will say that the kids sat the stillest and focused the hardest when they were lacing their cereal onto the yarn-wow! We also took them to the activity room where they got to "buy" ingredients to make a snack mix for their family. The teacher really stressed that the kids were only supposed to take one of each thing, so when they got to each table we, the adults would say, "how many do you need?" and they would shout, "I've got one!" It was kind of like watching the Price Is Right.

Marcus, Cale, and Ewan are holding up well with VBS. I have Cale in class with me and he does a great job and isn't clinging to me. Marcus loves his class. His preschool friends are mostly there and his preschool teacher is teaching the class. Ewan hangs out in the nursery where I'm sure they feed him all the snacks he wants. Two more days! I always say that I get my teaching act together halfway through the week and then we're almost done....

No comments: