Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Ten Things Tuesday

XBOX Wife Ten Things Tuesday


I found this blogsite one day while I was surfing the internet. I love the idea of listing things you are thankful for. I think it really gives you a perspective on how good things actually are. So, I'm going to try it. Here goes-it's kind of all over the place-no real theme. You can tell I can't organize my thoughts that great after three nights of work :-)

1. Today, I'm thankful for my kids' great health. You can't put a price on that. I see what other parents go through with their sick kids and it definitely makes me appreciate what I have.
2. I'm also thankful that my kids are at their Grammy's house this week. This means extra sleep for me when I get off work :-) I miss the kiddos, but, this extra sleep has been fantastic.
3. I'm thankful for our pediatrician. She's so great and is always willing to squeeze the kids in if they are sick-which isn't that often.
4. And I'm thankful that the kids have an awesome preschool to go to. The teachers truly love my kids and the boys are excited to go there.
5. I'm thankful that we have the opportunity to send Marcus to Heritage Christian in the fall. I hadn't considered private school until Andy started working there last spring.
6. I'm thankful for my bike. We dusted it off after several years of storage and now can enjoy bike rides as a family-or on my time-sometimes I'm more thankful for that!
7. I'm thankful for where we live. The subdivision is super-close to a park and the town is big enough to supply some of our needs without losing that "small town" feel.
8. I'm thankful for internet ordering. It's so much easier to buy gifts and have them shipped directly to the recipient.
9. I'm thankful that I have grammies who are willing to take our kids for a few days. I know the boys are loving the time they get to spend with their grammies.
10. Mostly today, I'm thankful for coffee. It keeps me going at work and is keeping me up right now. Unfortunately, the effects are starting to wear off and it's effecting my typing. Time to see if I can link this to the other blog site....more coffee please!

4 comments:

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

Hi! Welcome to Ten Things Tuesday! So glad that you found the blog and decided to join in the thanksgiving. You did everything exactly the right way, and you have a great list, too!

Have a wonderful week ~ hope to see you again!

Sharon said...

Welcome! It's nice to read your list...Oh and I absolutely love coffee! Great post.

Sharon
http://thereservoir.wordpress.com

Sab Mad said...

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of bloggyland! Your comment was sweet and very encouraging!

I look forward to checking in on your adorable Redheaded Warriors!!

Our Family! said...

Welcome to "Ten Things Tuesday!" I found this blogsite, while surfing the internet one day, too! It's so great to reflect upon all your blessings. I enjoyed reading your list! Have a wonderful week and Happy 4th of July!

~ Amy