Friday, August 1, 2008

VBS: the last day!

Thanks for posing for this picture Andy.

Eating ice cream Thursday night.



Ewan with a bag from the potato sack race. He ran around with it and said "ready, set, go!" and would take off running with the sack wrapped around his legs.



Thursday was the last day for VBS. We talked about the fruits of the spirit and how we can serve people using our "fruits". Then, in the evening, we came back for a mini-carnival and open class time for parents to come in with their kids and do a make-and-take craft. This was instead of a full blown VBS program with each class singing songs and taking a painfully long time. The kids were great yesterday (mine and my class). We had several tired cryers that eventually calmed down and one incident of almost overflowing the toilet again-paper towels do not go in the toilet! We also had one football-style takedown when one of my class kids gave another one an over-enthusiatic hug and took him down to the floor. Of course this happens when I have left my helpers in charge for 2 minutes while I run and get an extra certificate for another student. And, of course, everyone hears the kids hit the floor. And, the kid that hit first hit with his head. Luckily, a hug and an ice pack took care of everything. I have to say, I'm glad the week is over, but I'm glad to have had the chance to teach the 2-3 year olds again.

No comments: