Thursday, December 19, 2013

ninja-bread men

What's Christmas time without some Christmas cookie baking?  I found this set of ninja men cookie cutter and batter mix at Aldis for $3.99.  Impulse buy that I knew the kids would get a kick out of.  Ewan was all in.  He kept wanting me to nail down an exact time that we would make these cookies.  That was Friday afternoon last week.  By Friday evening, all basketball events had been cancelled for the next day.  How could I say no to baking on a cold, snowy day?  The batter turned out pretty well, even though I forgot to add a tsp of water to the mix.  And, the ninjas turned out pretty well, each looking better than the one before.  We baked them on my watch, and Andy supervised the decorating that evening.  The final results were cute.  Needless to say, they were gone in two days.
 
 
 
 
 

(I just liked this picture :-) )
Posted by Picasa

No comments: