Saturday, December 28, 2013

my bday pics, part 2

My birthday was on Tuesday this year.  The weekdays are busy for us.  This day, Andy had basketball games in the evening and Cale had basketball practice.  I also got Kinley's 6 month photos taken that morning.  We squeezed in time to celebrate, no worries.

Andy got me a couple scarves and some gloves that I can wear and text with.  Magic, I know!

Those gloves work!

I made my own birthday cake.  Cale and I agreed on a recipe I found in one of my cookbooks called chocolate covered cherries cake.  It's a "dump cake" that was so easy to make.  4 ingredients: cake mix, 2 eggs, can of cherry pie filling and almond extract.  The cake was so moist and I covered it with a chocolate glaze.  I put some candles on top, enough to make the cake look pretty but in no way representing my age.
 

I would say the kids enjoyed the cake.
 

Even mother nature gave me a lovely full moon for a gift.  And, I got an awesome photo with my camera!  Happy birthday to me!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: