Saturday, December 7, 2013

into the fourth week of travel basketball

We have had three weekends of travel basketball games now.  Last weekend, we had a welcome break from driving to two different games in two different towns.  The week before that, the boys actually played in the same place.  It was the only time this season that they were in the same area at the same time.  It was also nice to be able to drive down to the game site all together.  I was able to bring my camera and, of course, take some pictures.  These may be the only ones I take all season.


First game was Marcus's.  I can't remember much about the game, but I think they won.  Marcus doesn't start, but he is the "6th man"-the first one to sub in for the team.  The coach plays Marcus as a 4 or 5 person, kind of a post position.  I can see definite improvement in his play since the start of practices.  His coach is doing a great job with him.  Marcus really likes playing, too.  And, I think he is proud of his improving.
 
 

Kinley was content to watch the first game from her car seat.

Liam was excited.  (we probably had just gotten snacks.  Although, Ewan, in the background doesn't look thrilled.)

Then, Cale finally got to play.  I bet his game started a good 30 minutes late because the game before theirs went into overtime.  Anyway, I think Cale's team won, too.  Cale played more than he had in the previous games.  He's learning how to play with and against better players.  His coach doesn't play him as much as I think he should play (I am his mom) and his coach doesn't sub anyone in like I think it should be done (then again, I am not the coach).  I hope that Cale can improve over the season. Cale and I  have talked about how Cale has always been one of the better players on his rec league teams and now he is on a team where everyone is a good player.  He will have to earn his playing time.  I hope he understands this.  Anyway, I do remember that Cale was happy with the amount of time that he played in this game.  That's what's important.
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: