Friday, December 17, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

Happy birthday to me! Another year older, and hopefully, another year wiser. My birthday was on Friday and I got exactly what I wanted for it: a meal from my favorite Mexican restaurant and a cheesecake. I guess I'm easy to please. We were going to get take-out and feed the boys something different, but Andy got home from practices early, and we decided to brace ourselves for a family meal at the restaurant. Guess what? The boys, even Liam, actually did pretty good. I guess it helps that they had the pre-meal tortilla chips for them to snack on. By the time our food got to the table, Liam was mostly over sitting there and really didn't eat much except for some lettuce and my tomato slice (I should have asked for a slice tomato for him to eat-he would have loved it). Andy and I were able to eat out food and the couple sitting behind the boys in the picture below gave us a very nice complement, saying that the boys were very well behaved and they enjoyed eating by us. How nice!

In a flash of brilliance, I brought some little things of play-doh to keep the boys busy.

Cale was excited to get pink lemonade to drink.


Me and Andy-I could not for the life of me aim the camera to get a shot of Andy's whole head. He was a good sport, I probably took this same pose 6 times-3 in the restaurant and then at home.

After dinner, we went to the grocery store to get needed milk and my much needed cheesecake!





So happy to have some sugar! Everyone loved the cake-it was plain cheesecake topped with chocolate and Reece's pieces.
Me & Liam and me & Cale.

It was a great birthday and I was glad to spend it with all my boys. After the kids went to bed, Andy went out and rented a movie called "The Oxford Murders". It was pretty good. I fell asleep during probably the most pivotal point of movie. No worries, Andy updated me when I woke up. :-)

No comments: