Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Ewan's preschool Christmas program

Last Thursday was Ewan's preschool Christmas program. I got to take all the boys by myself, since Andy had to work and my sitter couldn't watch Liam. I wasn't too worried because the preschool is run out of our church so the boys know their way around, too well sometimes, and they know a good portion of the adults that are there. And, I had a sucker for Liam to entertain him (for about 5 minutes). So, I was prepared.

I think the theme of the program involved the North Pole. The three classes were dressed as eskimos, Christmas trees and penguins. The groups sang Christmas-y songs, although, mostly you could here the teachers sing because the children were just staring out at all the parents in the audience. I brought our video recorder and had our amateur videographers-Marcus and Cale, record portions of the program for Andy.


Liam loves to have his picture taken. He'll sit there and say "cheese" in this really deep voice. And then, he anticipates the flash going off and closes his eyes. I took his picture 4 times and they all looked the same. In this picture you can see he has his precious blankie and is already in his jammies. One of my strategies for times when we will be out past Liam's bedtime is to dress him in his jams before we go. I do this mostly for basketball practices and Wednesday night church. People think it's cute. I just think it's way easier to have Liam pre-dressed and ready for bed when we get home.

My camera-not the most awesome camera. Definitely not great trying to get photos from halfway back in the darkened auditorium. It's the best I could do...

Here's Ewan. He was dressed as an Eskimo. He is on the end of row of children. He did a good job with the movements of the songs and I saw him singing some of the songs too.

After the program, Santa made an appearance. Cale raced out of the auditorium to be one of the first kids in line to see him. Cale likes to race out of the auditorium anyway and likes to be first for most things.

Then we had some cookies and punch. I lost track of Marcus, left Cale at the table, watched Liam wander down the hallway to the nursery classroom (on the hunt for goldfish crackers) and got in line with Ewan to see Santa. Don't worry, Liam came back, being led by one of the ladies from our church.


You may not notice, but Ewan is wearing 2 different shoes. Another parent told me they noticed it while he was up on stage (they must have had closer seats). Sure enough, he had on 2 different shoes-both right foot shoes! You know, I saw him putting on the one pair and then I went to get Liam dressed. When I finished that, I did notice what I thought was Ewan changing his old shoes for his new shoes. I guess he only changed one shoe. He said the shoe he replaced was "wet". Probably, the shoe had gotten some snow on it and was wet. Oh well, at least he had 1 green and 1 red shoe on :-)!


Finally, Ewan got to see Santa. I had to convince him that cutting in line was not cool and we needed to wait our turn. The boys were pretty well behaved. It's never too bad taking them out by myself, it's just always busy making sure that I know where everyone is. Fun times. :-) At least Andy was at home when we got back and was able to help corral everyone to bed. No preschool now until Jan. 3rd!



No comments: