Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas evening

After lunch on Christmas Day, we packed up the van with a crazy amount of stuff, and went to Decatur to see Andy's family. Even Jeff and his wife were going to be there. I was worried the trip would be rough, since our portable DVD player broke and we never did replace it. But, everyone did fine. Liam and Ewan took naps and Marcus and Cale played their gameboys and played with their new toys. We got to Andy's parents' house ready to open more presents.

The obligatory cousins photo: Marcus, Liam, Cale, Ewan, Savannah, Cassie and Marie. Afterward, the opening of the presents started, and in the craziness, I lost track of who gave who what. Insane! Our thank you notes will just say "thanks for the presents". I was excited for my gifts. Between my mom and Linda, they have resupplied my kitchen with new stoneware, silverware, dishes and knives (actually these were Andy's gift). Now, I have more than 5 dinner plates and 8 forks (really, at one point we had more, but after 11 years of marriage, apparently we had lost some dishes/utensils).


My brother Joe stopped by with my mom to say "hello!" before he had to fly out the next morning. I'm so glad he stopped by-I hadn't seen him since May (and then, only for a couple hours).

Marcus and Joe (the only one of the boys who would stop to take a picture with Joe)


playing a new game-Qbitz-which we left in Decatur (oops!). It looked like fun, I can't wait to get it back to play it.


The boys all got some Hex bugs and nano hex bugs. They were pretty cool.
We slept over at Chris and Kim's house and the boys had a "slumber party" in Cassie and Marie's room. We stayed until a little after 5pm on Sunday and then loaded up the car to drive back home. Unfortunately, Andy had a practice the next morning that he couldn't find a sub for and we had to go back. I wish we could have stayed an extra day. It was nice to see everyone again.

No comments: