Thursday, August 9, 2012

VBS link-up

Last week was Vacation Bible School at our church.  Our theme was Mysterious Journey and we managed to mash-up Scooby Doo and Noah.  The kids learned about obeying, trusting and praising God and got to learn about different missions the church supports.  Once again, I led the 2's and 3's class.  Once again, I had one of my own (Liam) in the class.  This year, I think I had the biggest class, with 18 (!) coming on Tuesday and Wednesday night.  Wow.  Even with that many little ones, it wasn't ever too bad.  I had some awesome help and I arranged the class so that we did center activities in smaller groups.  It wore me out and I'm glad it's over for another year.  Also, Liam managed to act like he had never heard of rules or listening and just kind of hung out and did his own thing.  Thank goodness he is well known at church.  There were many hands that kept an eye on him so I could keep an eye on the class.  Anyway, here is a link to a slideshow our youth/family minister put together for the last night.  You might catch a peek at one of the kids in there. 
http://rustymaynard.blogspot.com/2012/08/celebrating-fantastic-vbs.html

No comments: