Monday, August 13, 2012

these shoes were made for walkin'

We finally got Kella her first pairs of shoes the other day!  I like to let my babies walk on their bare feet as much as possible when they start learning to walk.  I think it gives them a better feel for the surface they are on.  Kella had been walking great and we figured she was ready for some feet accessories. 

We went to the store and, oh, the little girl shoes are so cute!  We are in trouble-good thing I work.  Anyway, I let Andy know that Kella needed at least 2 pair of shoes-one for everyday and one for dressier times.  He let me get what I wanted but really thought that one pair would be good enough.  After all, that is what we did with the boys.  But, really, it is easier for boys to get away with wearing tennis shoes with khakis and polos which is their standard church-wear.  I also told Andy that Kella will need black dress shoes for her winter wardrobe. :-)  He may have rolled his eyes at that statement.

The salesman brought out shoes in Kella's size (5's I think, I can't remember, it was a little busy at the store).  She did okay with getting the shoes on, but, once they were on, she did not move.  It was like her feet were stuck to the ground.  I'm pretty sure she gave the salesman a look like, "what did you just do to me?" 

We got two pair-her little white dress shoes and some little purple everyday shoes.

And we got a pair of spiderman shoes for Liam.  He was super excited to find them and was so happy to try them on.  (and he did need a bigger size shoe anyway)

Here is the pretty girl in her new shoes!

Not wanting to move too much.

Not to sure if she's a fan of her purple shoes, either.

Trying to get a picture of Liam's new shoes.  He told me I couldn't take this picture.  Thank goodness for zoom.

No comments: