Monday, August 6, 2012

bats at the lake house!

I have to include this story...

Friday night of vacation, Andy, Joe and Eric had gone to see the new Batman movie. Mom, Lanny and I were watching tv and Bitsy was doing some laundry.

When, all of a sudden, a dark, flying creature swooped down in front of us. Bird? Bat?

Being brave, I immediately put my head under the blanket I was wrapped up in, leaving Mom and Lanny to catch the visitor. Lanny was able to catch it using a blanket and then took it outside to let it go.

Then he told us it was a bat.

Deep breath. Who knows how it got in, but it's out of the house now.

Twenty minutes later...

Screaming, running, ducking, thankfully I still had my trusty blanket to hide under.

Another bat was flying around the house. This one chased Bitsy down the hallway and ended up clinging onto the stone fireplace. Lanny tried to trap this one, too, by trying to put a bowl over it and slide a lid under it. No luck. This one had to meet its end. Thank goodness Lanny was there, because otherwise we might have been pounding at the neighbor's door.

One more vacation memory.




No comments: