Friday, August 10, 2012

last day of vaca (sad face)

Our last full day of vacation started out with some awesome donuts from a place down the street.  Andy was nice enough to walk over and get a couple boxes before they ran out.

Cale, always up for sugar

Liam's excited about having his picture taken

I am trying to enjoy my coffee outside.  This is my awesome sovenier mug from the lake house.

We got to watch the bicycling portion of a triathelon go right past the front of the house.  The kids thought it was fun to cheer the participants.  If we would have remembered, we could have brought Andy's bike and he could have done it, too.


Bitsy, Eric, their kids and Joe had to take off soon after that.  I made them pose for a sibling photo.

And, Joe wanted to point out that I was still in my jams.  It is vacation, after all.

The kids had one last swim in the lake.  Liam loved this lilypad foam thing.  It was a great day for a last swim.  They also got Grammy to play them in one more game of Monopoly (her very favorite-not really).  Later on that evening, the neighbors took Andy and I out on their pontoon boat for a spin around the lake.


Ewan played in the sand.

Worn out!

It was a fun vacation.  I've decided that I like the type of vacation where you go somewhere, but don't have to go running around and seeing sites if you don't want to.  We want to do it again, but are going to give ourselves a year to recover.  So the Spielmans will meet again in 2014, destination TBA!

No comments: