Sunday, August 19, 2012

meet the teacher night

Finally, school is almost starting.  We seem to be one of the last districts in the area to go back and I think the boys, at least Marcus and Cale, are ready.  Friday we got to meet the teachers and take all the school supplies to their classrooms.

We started with Marcus at the Elementary school.  He will be in 4th grade this year! He has Mrs. Stroup for his main teacher.  The 4th grade sends the kids to different rooms for language arts and math.  He has two other teachers for those-Mrs. Miller and Mrs. Burkhart. 

Moving on to the elementary school, Ewan got to meet his kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Roberts.  She is a different teacher than either Cale or Marcus had, but she is the one that I wanted for Ewan.  I feel like her teaching will fit best with Ewan's personlity.  We've known Mrs. Roberts from afar, since we saw her when we were in the building helping in Cale and Marcus's classes.  It's just nice now to "formally meet each other", as Mrs. Roberts said. 

Last to meet, was Cale's 2nd grade teacher, Mrs. Mula.  She seems nice, too.  They all seemed really nice.  In second grade, they split them by ability for reading.  Cale has Mrs. Mula.  I don't know if that is the group he is in to start with, or they actually did split the kids up.  I have a feeling he is in a more advance group. 

So, now we are waiting for Monday.  The backpacks are re-packed with any paperwork I needed to send back along with school lunch money for each account.  Should be exciting waiting for the bus, which comes right to our house.  I think Ewan is excited to be going, but also a little nervous for this change.  I hope this is a fun year, a year to learn, for each of my sweet boys. 

No comments: