Monday, July 30, 2012

we went into town

We took the kids into St. Joseph to a kiddie museum.  Of course, we happened to pick a time when the summer day camp program was visiting.  So, for a while, we were overrun with tons of kids.  The museum was built into what must be a historic building, because otherwise I would have thought they would have put this into a more open building.  Anyway, once the field trip left, it was a lot less crowded and I was able to enjoy the space a little more.  (I think our kids did, too)
Marcus and Cale organized the other kids and got them to pick the fake apples and bring them to the conveyor belt thing.

big bubble maker and Ewan

Liam is excited

Cale

Ewan loved the news studio.  I think he liked seeing himself on camera.  He sat there for a while and reported some news.  That night, he told my mom he wanted to be a news person.

This is a picture that I took of a poster showing a Coast Guard boat.  Thought it was cool.

Marcus and Cale
Apparently, there is some historical fact associated with this cannon.  I didn't have time to read it. (imagine that)

Ewan

We ate at Silver Beach Pizza.  It was delicious!  The kids got pizza dough to play with while we waited.  Very cool.  (and Joe got the bill-very generous!)

There was a big, indoor carosel the kids got to ride on.  They made you by tokens to ride, and you had to buy them out of a token machine that 1)did accept debit cards and 2)was very picky about wrinkly dollar bills.  How inefficient.  Luckily, Aunt Bitsy and Grammy had cash and adults with kids got to ride free.

This is not my kid.  I just thought they did a good job painting this horse.

Daddy with Liam-and I think Ewan is right next to them.

No ride for Kella this time.  She didn't mind, too much.

No comments: