Thursday, July 5, 2012

Banana splits for Ryan


On the 4th, we had a special treat for dinner-banana splits!  This was inspired by a story shared with me on facebook about a family with a toddler with a heart condition that is determined to make as many special family memories as they can and are wanting all families to do the same thing.  Maybe this touched a nerve with me, too, because I see kids with heart conditions on a fairly regular basis at work.  Here is a link to the story http://moms.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/20/12323599-one-moms-wish-for-her-dying-son-banana-splits-for-dinner  What a touching reminder to make the most of what you have.  How does that saying go-"One day you will look back and realize that the small things in life were actually the big things."  I know the boys had fun and were excited to have dessert for dinner.  I hope they remember this as a fun thing we did as a family.
who's surprised that Cale put everything on his banana split-not me

Ewan made his just like Cale's

Marcus was a little more selective in his toppings

time to enjoy-Liam joined later and just had some ice cream

I even made a little split for the girlie-chocolate, banana and whipped cream

so as not to be outdone....and it was delicious!

No comments: