Tuesday, July 24, 2012

let's take another trip!


It was only a matter of time before we packed up the car for another trip.  Besides, Andy had only been home for 3 days (5 total for the month of July), so we didn't want him to get to comfy.

This time, our destination was an annual reunion for my side of the family north of Chicago.  We try to go every year since it gives me the chance to see my aunts and uncles and cousins.  The car was packed to the hilt because we would be going to Michigan the next day for a vacation week with my family.
I love seeing all these windmills when we drive up the interstate towards Chicago.  I think they spread out through a couple counties.  Andy thinks they don't produce as much electricity as people think they should.  I don't know-I just like the view.

The ride was long, Made longer by the fact that we first had to stop by the library and then our church to drop some things off.  Then, back to the library (35 min detour) to pick up Liam's beloved blankie that he left at the library. 

One hour later, we had to stop for lunch.

Finally, we were back in the car for the rest of the trip.  I got to snooze a little bit to make up for working the night before.  But, a car full of kids does not make the best place to sleep. 

And, we got to the reunion.  I thought it started at 3pm and we would be fashionably late, arriving around 5.  Well, we did get there around 5, but, the reunion started at 1.  Oops.

But we did get to hang out and socialize for a little bit.  We got to see baby Everett, worn out from the fun.

The kids got to bounce to their hearts' content.

There was plenty of food left for us to eat.

I got to see my cousins-Megan and Kristi

Found a cool sponge craft to do for the kids-cut some sponges into strips and zip-tie them together.  The kids soaked them in buckets and threw them at each other.  Much better than water balloons!

Then, it was time to head for the hotel for the night.  Thanks to brother-in-law Eric, we got a free hotel room using his points.  Were there too many people in the room, maybe.  But, we managed for the night.  Kella had a rough time falling to sleep, but eventually settled down for the night. 

In the morning, we packed up and started out for Michigan. 

Marcus and Cale took the sofa bed, Andy, Liam and myself got the king size bed, Ewan slept in a sleeping bag and Kella slept in the pack-n-play





No comments: