Saturday, January 22, 2011

Jr Husky basketball night

On Friday, I got to take the boys to the Heights basketball game because it was Junior Husky basketball night. All the teams in the league were going to be introduced in between the JV and varsity games. In all, I think around 200 kids got to come out onto the floor. I hadn't taken the boys to a basketball game since Liam was an infant. They all had a good time, mostly because we got to have snacks at the game (re: candy). I think Liam ate a whole box of popcorn by himself, too. Marcus and Cale got to go down to the floor and give high-fives to the varsity players coming out onto the floor-they thought that was fun. We stayed for 3 quarters of the varsity game and only had to change seats once to a less crowded section. We probably could have stayed for the whole game, but it was getting a smidge late, Heights was clearly going to win and Liam needed a diaper change that I would have rather done at home. I tucked some very tired, happy boys in that night.

A shot of teams lined up around the gym.


Liam was happy after eating a whole box of popcorn. :-)


Marcus and Cale were happy to see that I had snacks waiting for them when they got back to their seats.


Ewan did enjoy himself-I promise. He did break down once when I asked him to stay in his seat while I went to find Marcus and Cale ("You don't love me." he cried. How sad. Thankfully, Cale came back to his seat on his own so Ewan had company while I hunted down Marcus.) All was better once he got a drink and was able to eat some cotton candy.


No comments: