Saturday, January 15, 2011

basketball and Cale

Cale and Marcus have are in the middle of their basketball season at their school. I tried to get some pictures of Cale's game today. Only one on my camera looked good and the last two I took with my phone (I do not understand why I can't get a flash setting to work for the gym, but anyway). Cale loves to play and likes to be the one to pass the ball inbounds. His dribbling has improved tons since he started and he has made a fair amount of baskets. He plays on a K/1st grade team. Their name is Georgetown. All the K/1st teams are named for college teams in that conference (whatever it is). It's kind of fun to watch them play because half the time the kids don't really have any idea what is going on. And, they just go all out. The poor ref tries to call fouls to help teach the kids the right way to play. It's a great learning experience for Cale and I think he's having a lot of fun.

Here is the "starting five", lined up and getting a reminder of which basket they need to go to. You can't see him, but Cale is in this picture.


(from my phone) Cale is in the gray shirt in the middle of this photo.


Can you see Cale? He is by himself, his shorts have a bit of orange trim on them. I think he's looking to see which way the ball is going to go.
I hope to have some photos from one of Marcus's games soon. I may have Andy take them with his phone...

No comments: