Monday, January 31, 2011

the big one's coming! (White Death 2011)

Have you seen the weather report? I guess the midwest is going to get hammered with a snow/ice storm of awesome proportion. As I write this, the sun, the has melted much of the current snow on the ground, has now gone behind the clouds. It's gray and dreary looking, like it will snow soon. I guess we'll get some ice first (yippee!) and I'm hoping our power stays on. We have lots of blankets, I got some more candles (good-smelling Christmas discount ones), our flashlights are ready to go and I'm turning on our gas fireplace so it's ready in case we need it. And, our grill has propane, so we can eat something besides sandwiches. I'm sure Andy thinks I'm overreacting. And, I could be. I might be getting swept up in the news frenzy (and being tired from working the night before probably isn't helping). Thank goodness I went grocery shopping on Saturday. I hear the stores are just nuts today. Our fridge and freezer are stocked. We even still have 3 gallons of milk. I did see a guy at Menards rush in (at 8am-sunny, clear) to buy a generator and then hurry to load it in his car and be on his way. So, I hope everyone reading this stays warm and their houses stay lit. :-) I'm glad I don't have to work again until Saturday night. We'll see what tonight and the next morning holds.

No comments: