Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas, part 3 (or, Grammy Pammy brought their favorite present)

Christmas seemed to be never-ending at our house this year. Last Tuesday, Grammy Pammy came to visit and bring some more presents for us from my side of the family. Everyone had lots of fun opening some more gifts, and the boys finally got one of the things they had wanted (although, I was surprised they did not ask Santa for these)-Bey Blades. If you don't know what they are, I guess you are lucky. Pretty much, they are spinning tops with a metal mid-section. You "battle" your opponent in a "stadium" to see which top spins the longest. There is even a cartoon about these toys. (Are you surprised? There seems to be a cartoon about every toys out there). The boys were super excited and even Andy got a Bey Blade. :-) Thanks Grammy!




Oh yes, Grammy got us the stadium, too. The boys have had a lot of battles since then. They like to carry their blades in their pockets-I guess in case they meet someone they have to battle right then and there. I have to tell this little story related to the Bey Blades....Marcus came up to me the morning before Grammy came over and said, "Where is Dad? I need to talk to him." I told him, "Dad's at work. Can I help you with something?" Marcus replied, "Why didn't Santa bring us any Bey Blades for Christmas? We really like them." I said, "Oh, Santa knows what other people get you for presents, too. He knows that someone has gotten you Bey Blades. And, don't forget, you haven't gotten all your presents yet. Grammy Pammy is bringing some this afternoon." Marcus smiled and said, "Oh, okay."


Here's a present I got-a cool looking mug. It says "mama" on it, which is Polish for mother. Andy got one, too. His has the Polish word for father on his- "tata".


Andy got this shirt. We like the caption on it. Both the mugs and the shirt were from my Aunt Claud. Thank you!
We are done with presents! Thank goodness. We are running out of space to put our new things. I guess it's time to do that beginning of the year cleaning then. :-)



No comments: