Monday, January 3, 2011

brownie bites

Grammy helped the boys make a dessert while she was here. They are calle brownie bites, I think and they are so easy to make. There are only three ingredients, plus the decorations. Of course, right now I can only remember 2 of the 3 ingredients: dark chocolate brownie mix (the kind that comes with the Hershey's syrup) and light corn syrup. Is the other ingredient butter or powder sugar? I can't remember. My boys like to help "cook", and some were very excited to be making a dessert (can we say, Cale?). Even Liam figured out something cool was going on and wanted in on the fun. I think he was just in it to snack on the sprinkles.




Pretty to look at and good to eat! You roll the mix into balls and then roll the balls in decorations. Put them in the frigde to set, and then they are ready to eat. We still have several left. I've been portioning them out to the boys as a treat after dinner.


Yes, Liam had fun with this project. And was very happy from his sugar high afterwards. I thought we would just be able to wipe him down, when he took his little hands and ran them through his hair....


...he got a bath after this. :-)

1 comment:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

These brownie bites look amazing! They actually look kind of similar to the truffles I made from oreos for Christmas gifts :-)