Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It's a girl!

Let's get right to it-our family is going to get a little bigger! We're havng a baby! And, it's a girl! I couldn't believe it when the ultrasound tech told me. I thought it might be a girl after the first ultrasound when the heartrate was in the 170's (all the boys had HRs in the 140s), but at the second ultrasound when the tech captured the HR @ 143 I said, "Oh, it's a boy." "You can't go by the heartrate," is what the tech said right back. (I know, you really can't judge by that.) "I know," I said, "but the boys all had HRs in the 140's." I bet she was pleased to show me that I was wrong and that it was a girl. Our girl is due around June 15th, although my one doctor said they will probably induce a week early. I guess she doesn't want to deliver another almost 10 pound baby.


Yup, clearly a girl. Even I could tell that from this photo. We do have a name picked out that I think we are going with: Kella Elizabeth. It fits all my crazy name requirements: does not start or end with a letter that any of the other kids' names start or end with, does not rhyme with any of the other names (although it does have that hard "c" sound like Cale's) and the name is Irish for warrior. I'm feeling pretty good about this name and have gotten some positive feedback, so I think it's a keeper. The boys were leaning toward Princess Peach or Baby Boo (thank you Mario Kart), so I'm not sure how they will take the actual name. And really, the boys are aware that a baby is coming, except maybe Liam, but I don't think they really care. I mean, at this point, the baby isn't really interfering with their lives.
So, we have to wait for a little bit to meet her. But, we can't wait!

1 comment:

Davies Family said...

Congratulations!!! Yay for a little girl....she's not going to be able to date until she's like 35 w/ all those big brothers looking out for her! :)