Friday, December 4, 2009

the cousins came for Thanksgiving

We stayed at home for Thanksgiving and made people come to visit us!  The bonus for them was that they did not have to bring any food and Andy and I cooked the meal.  Andy deep-fried the turkey and I panicked over how long it was taking my side dishes to cook.  But, Suzy Homemaker pulled it off and everyone enjoyed their meal.  For the boys, the best part was seeing their Shaffer cousins, who they haven't seen since August.  Fun was had, food was eaten-who could ask for more!









Here are the group of cousins trying to sit still long enough for a photo









"We love pie!"














The grown up table.  Notice that I got to use my tableclothes, crystal, good silverware and good china (mostly because I did not have enough plates otherwise). The crystal and china had not seen the light of day since we opened the presents after our wedding-10 yrs ago!  Everything survived to get packed away for another use in the distant future.

No comments: