Friday, December 18, 2009

what the Shaffers did last Saturday

Last Saturday, we took the boys to Conner Prairie to see the gingerbread house displays.  They have a contest every year and I thought it would be fun to go.  Plus, the fee to get in also gets you into their little indoor, educational play area that's decorated like the pioneer days.  The boys liked the exhibit, I think.  Cale and Ewan were the most excited, pointing at every cool thing on the gingerbread houses.  "Hands in your pockets"  was a frequent phrase out of my mouth.  Those two also had the best time playing in the play area.  Marcus is a little too old and Liam, too young.  Marcus did see some science experiement boxes in the gift shop he liked.  (I hope Santa remembers)

That's and funny lookin gingerbread man and what kind of plant is that?  Oh yeah, it's Ewan and Cale!


Liam just hanging out.  (pictures coutesty of Andy's cell phone, since my camera was not charged)

This one's dark, but can you make out Marcus sitting there?  He's trying to figure out the Lincoln Logs.

After this, we came home, ate and tried to get the boys to rest.  Then, that evening, Andy and I actually went out by ourselves (*gasp*) to a Christmas party hosted by a couple from our church.  Our favorite sitter came over to watch the boysso we could go.  There was a gift exchange and Andy got an awesome gift.  I don't have a photo, but I will say that it is black and includes the words "quilted snakeskin tote".  I'm pretty sure he won't be using it, but, I am wrapping up one of Ewan's gifts and placing it in the tote (which Ewan will love).  Andy was a good sport and I think the other guests appreciated his humor.  A good day with family and friends! 

No comments: