Thursday, December 10, 2009

props for Marcus's school

Marcus goes to the local public school.  Last week was their 1st grade Christmas concert.  It was everything you could imagine a 1st grade Christmas concert to be, with over 100 first graders singing mostly corny songs, playing bells, playing xylophones and telling "jokes".  Marcus spoke his lines great and I could at least see his lips moving to all the songs.  But, we didn't take any pictures and did not order the dvd of the concert.  (I mean, it is just a 1st grade Christmas concert) Anyway, what I want to say is that it's not every public school that would dress students up for a nativity scene at the end of the concert.  How awesome is that, that we live in a community where the school is okay with it and the community is okay with it.  Also, the library has a bunch of nativities on display.  I love it!  It's just nice to live in an area where we can celebrate Christmas for what it is.  I spoke my piece, now I'm done.  Have a great day!

No comments: