Tuesday, March 26, 2013

please let this be the last snow

Who would have thought that I would be posting about snow at the end of March?  I am thankful for all the moisture that this winter has provided, but I think I'm ready to move onto warmer spring days.

It snowed twice on Sunday.  The first round came in the early morning and created slushy roads and crummy driving conditions.  I should know, I was coming home from work.  When I woke up from my nap, all that snow was basically gone.  I thought that was a pretty weak winter storm, not like all the news folk were predicting.

Round 2 came in as we were coming home from scouts.  The roads were icky, driving was slow and I was so glad to be home (and that Andy tolerated my back seat driving comments).  That snow came down all night and into the next morning and allowed the boys one more snow day (hopefully) for the year.  It's  funny,  I bet we got 6-7 inches of snow, but with blowing winds, you can see the grass in some areas.  As I'm writing this the next day, the sun has come out and temps are warming up that the snow is quickly starting to melt.  It should be 50 degrees this weekend.  That's more my idea of spring.

Even Liam got to go out and enjoy the snow.

The day before, the boys had made a large mound of the snow.  It's still there and probably will be the last thing to melt.  


Liam with his snowball.

Cale liked to throw the snowballs at peoples' faces.  (you can imagine how well that went)

Ewan just loved the snow.

Then, I remembered that we had sleds in the garage.  They slid really well on this wet snow.


Exhausted boy=clearly, playing outside was a success.

No comments: