Saturday, March 23, 2013

a name for our new little girl

After what seemed like a long time of looking at the same names over and over again, we have finally agreed on a name for our new little girl!  I have to say, this was a tough choice, and it was only after hearing the name being said out loud by one of the nurses I work with that I was sold on the name....

Kinley Esther

Kinley is Gaelic, meaning "fair-headed hero", so the name falls into our spectrum of warrior meaning names that all our other kids have.  Esther is my middle name (and the name of one of my great-aunts) and carries on the tradition of the kids having family names as their middle names. While we did not choose a name to fit into my bizarre rules of names not starting and ending with the same letter, the girls will have the same initials, and I thought that was nice.

Now, we just wait for her to come!  11-ish weeks to go!

No comments: