Thursday, March 28, 2013

Orange fail

We've been looking for a color to paint the stairway and upstairs hallway for a while. According to Andy, I get the urge to paint every time I'm pregnant. Guess its all part of my nesting. We wanted a color that coordinated with the two colors we painted the downstairs-a dark brown called pumpernickel and a green called guacamole. I also have a picture with these colors on it and was kind of looking to that to guide our color choice.

I found a beautiful orange-y color called mango mania (yes, I realize there is a food theme going on). A nice , bold color that matched the colors we already had up. The sample spots were inconclusive and so we went ahead and bought a gallon of paint. I poured out a tray and got busy putting up a coat. Well, it is a very lovely color, but it does not behave well on our walls. It was a little too orange for our taste. It's back to the drawing board for us. Of course, now Andy tells me that if I take take my picture into lowes that they will match paint colors for me. Hmm. That advice would have been nice before I got this paint.



No comments: