Tuesday, September 28, 2010

the rest of the story

I did get to talk to Marcus's football coach after practice on Monday night. I just asked him why Marcus didn't play at all in the 2nd half of the football game on Saturday. Apparently, Marcus got "hurt" while he was playing and they had to take him off the field. I use "hurt", because when I asked Marcus about it, he did not even remember getting hurt. But, the coach doesn't keep players who are crying out on the field-he won't coddle them-and that is fine with me. Clearly this "injury" has not hampered him in any way. The coach also said that Marcus one of the first one's to raise his hand to volunteer to sit out during games. I think it's because Marcus likes to be the first one to raise his hand for anything. I talked to Marcus about not always volunteering to be first, and let other kids have a turn. Then, the coach gave me a couple things that Marcus could work on. I relayed those to Andy because I have no idea what they are. So, it was a good conversation, good to here what the coach had to say. This is all a learning experience for Marcus anyway, and hopefully we can help make it a good one.

No comments: