Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I'm gonna paint something...

I've been striking out with paint colors. I really want to repaint pretty much every room in the house, so I started to collect paint samples to test on the walls. Well, the first group were all duds except for the color below, which we picked for our bedroom. It's call Holly Cress and is kind of a blue-gray-greenish color. I think it will look great with some gold accents and dark woods. And, our bathroom color is a dark brown, which should look go together well.


And then, there's the entire downstairs and hallway area....I know I want colors that complement each other and are kind of earth tones. I think I found one for the front sitting area called Pumpernickel. That's the color on the left. The other, muddy looking color is called Ruffled Clam. And, while I thought that it was a much coolername, the color looked horrible bon the wall. I even went over it a couple times to see if it will help-yeah no.


So that's my new plan-too do soon. Unfortunately, I have booked myself busy for the next several days. Thursday, it's my turn to go to Cale's class and volunteer in the morning and the boys have football in the evening. Friday, I will be at the primary school subbing as the school nurse-my new prn (as needed) gig. The boys have football games on Friday night. It looks like Andy will be busy with games all day Saturday and I am working Saturday and Sunday night. Man. That makes me tired just thinking about it. I'm hoping to squeeze in a little painting, soon, I hope. Hopefully, I will have finished products to post before the end of the year. I've given myself a long timeline. :-)

No comments: