Saturday, April 18, 2015

spring break, part 1

We are back from spring break.  By the time this gets posted, the kids will have been back to school for about a week.  The lucky devils get 2 weeks off to get into trouble.  Or just lay about the house.  Luckily, we had plans.

First up, was a trip back to Illinois for Andy and the kids and the dog.  Go ahead and reread that sentence.  That's right.  I got to stay home-by myself-with the cats.  Who was happiest?  I don't know.  The kicker was that I had to work all weekend.  The pluses were that I was able to go to the Y and workout, eat when and what I wanted (healthy food, here, people), watch my own shows, sleep how I needed to and clean without many small people under my feet.  It. Was. Great.

And, then they came back.  And, it was awesome to be back together with all the craziness.  And, then the boys had a sleepover.  Our 4 plus 2 more camped out downstairs and watched some movies into the wee hours.  They started with Sandlot and moved into some Spiderman.  (Sandlot was so popular that the kids watched it every day that we had it checked out of the library.  And, one of the other kids liked it so much, he ended up buying a copy for himself.)


And, Cale and Ewan both earned their rank advancements in Cub Scouts.  Ewan earned his Wolf badge and Cale his Webelos badge.  I don't know who worked harder to keep them on track for these badges, the boys or me.  

Some pretty fun stuff so far, and then, we took a trip to Tennessee.  And, that will be a post for another time.

No comments: