Friday, April 24, 2015

my little nerds

One of the things the boys were looking forward to for spring break and our return to Tennessee, was a return trip to Magiquest.  I think what drew them to it last year was that the building itself looks like a castle.  Pretty cool to see when you're driving past in a car.  And, inside, you choose a wand and go on quests in which the wand interacts with the environment in some way.  There is also a laser room, mini-golf and a mirror maze. My little wizards were stoked to go last year and pumped to get to go back this year.  Ewan, I think, even found an old booklet from last year and had started to reread and analyze it.  And, they got new wands since there was no way the old ones had survived a year of use in pretend play. No lies, to take 5 kids plus Andy as the adult watchdog, it is not cheap.  Definitely one of the big things we spend money on while we were there.  The kids had a blast.  I think they were also excited to go back because they knew how the game was going to go and felt better prepared.  Kinley and I did a little Easter bunny shopping and then went to the outlet mall and a shoe store while the rest were on their quest.

Ready to go in.  They weren't the first ones there when the place opened, but they were close.
Random mini golf pics, thank you Andy.



A little bit of a wizard duel while they waited for Mom.


They love it.  I'm glad they got the chance to go back.

Probably the cutest thing I heard was Marcus say that the building, "..looks like a level 8 town hall." (from Clash of Clans).  

Oh, my sweet little nerd.

No comments: