Thursday, April 2, 2015

March recap: finishing projects, kind of

Okay, well, just to remind folks, my new year's resolution was to finish projects.  March was designated as my catch-up month since February was my do-nothing-on-my-list month.

On my list were 5 things:
finish jet packs
schedule eye doc appts for the adults
schedule regular doctor appts for the adults
finalize spring break plans
finish/hang picture collage on wall

I was able to check 2.5 of those items off my list.  

Spring break plans are in.  Which is good, because we are on spring break right now.  2 weeks everyone.  Be jealous.

Oh, I finished those jet packs.  And, by "finished" I mean I took what I had done apart, recycled the 2 liter bottles and saved the felt for another project.  Let's face it, those jet packs were supposed to be for a halloween project-last year.  No one was waiting for me to finish them and they were taking up actual space and hanging over me as an un-done project.

Also, I finished putting together all the pictures to go up on the wall.  You can see in the photo that there are quite a few.  And, I bought some little mirrors to work into the group.  I also did a monogram picture, but I think it might go on a different wall.  Any pictures that don't fit on the long wall, I will put up the stairwell.  I loved this project.  For the 20 pictures that came in the package, I probably spent $30 on paint and frames.  The package of prints itself was $16, I think and I got it at Hobby Lobby, so I may have gotten 40% off the package with a coupon. And, there are still 3 sheets of prints-7 pictures, I think that could go in the kitchen.  More possibilities.  Anyway, my point is the pictures are done, but I will not hang them until the floor is absolutely done in that area and the pew is back against the wall. Thus, the 0.5 given for completion.

I have no explanation as to why I will not get my act together and make 2 phone calls to schedule appts.  I guess I haven't made it a priority.  

How's the flooring?

Well, we are still in the valley of laminate flooring.  We (meaning Andy) had to pull up all the flooring and put down a moisture barrier since we were putting the flooring down over cement. Now, we are back to where we had left off.  Andy got one of the closets done (under protest).  We are slowly getting there.  Possible plan today of pulling up the rest of the linoleum in the eating area, thus leaving us with 3 forms of flooring downstairs: cement, carpet and laminate. We shall see if there is time to do this today.

Right now, it is raining.  The boys are downstairs watching the Sandlot on DVD.  I am upstairs with the girls.  Kella is sulking because we have no hot dogs for lunch.  Kinley is sitting next to me watching Super Why.  We have already watched a ton of Veggie Tales today.  Kinley has some type of cold/fever/respiratory infection and feels miserable.  As a result, she is not very kind to others today.  I have been tasked with being her personal assistant and keeping her calm (thus not breathing fast) and not angry.  Netlix and the DVD player are our best friends today.  A nearby church was going to have an Easter Egg hunt tonight.  Not too sure with the rain if they will have it.  

So, there you go.

For April, I think my goals will be:
consider making eye doctor appts for the adults
work on some scrapbooking
and
my new project: redoing an old mirror I have-many aeons ago, I stripped and sanded a little set of drawers that set under the mirror.  that was the easy part.  This mirror needs the veneer removed along with some time pieces.  I don't know if I will stain or paint.  Leaning toward a fun color to paint it.  We'll see how far I get on this project.


'

No comments: