Wednesday, January 28, 2015

a random update

It's another school morning and I'm hanging out with the boys before they go to school.  We are watching their new favorite PBS show, "Odd Squad".  We have seen the show enough times that we have seen all the episodes.  Several times.  

We are also playing fetch with Ponyo.  She loves to chase the tennis ball.  

We've had a little illness here recently.  Kella and Kinley were both sick with a quick stomach bug.  Nothing sets back laundry plans like having to stop and wash extra bedding and pillows.  

Marcus has his last basketball game of the season tonight.  The 6th grade season goes quick and I think he is going to miss it.  

Tomorrow, I have the privilege of taking all the children to the dentist office.  At 8 a.m.  You know, they have you schedule your next visit at your last visit.  Who knows what your schedule will be like in 6 months.  I guess I didn't, because I wouldn't have schedule myself to take all the kids so early.  (I would have sent Andy with some of the kids early and met him there with the second wave of kids.)

January is almost over.  Pretty soon I will put away all my snowmen.  They look so happy on my piano.  I'll have to see what kind of Valentine's Day stuff I have or dollar store here I come. 

Random updates should include some photos...
Cale made this awesome poster of a god he created for a mythology segment of reading.  I love looking at his details.  


Sigh.  I'm sure you saw on Facebook that Kinley got into to brown sugar when no one was watching.  For a long time.  And, really, I'm pretty sure one of the boys dropped the ball when they didn't shut the canister lid all the way.  She ate a fair amount of sugar and I thought that might have contributed to her belly problems the next day. She was pretty happy sitting here, in her own little world.

Marcus brought home A/B honor roll certificates for first semester.  That boy managed to eek out a B in pre-algebra for the semester.  (His second quarter grade, not as great.)

Kella, modeling some costumes she had on yesterday.  This is her Quidditch costume.  You know, the game on broomsticks from Harry Potter.  

Then, she changed into a super-hulk fairy.

Never a dull moment.

No comments: