Thursday, September 18, 2014

karate parade and demo

The Saturday of Ewan's birthday was chock full of activities.  Besides soccer games for most, if not all of the kids (I can't remember), the kids karate studio has their demo at the Tipton Pork Festival and also walked in the parade.  After the last soccer game of the morning, I loaded up 4 of 6 children (Marcus and Kella were with Grammy Linda and Grandpa Jerry for Marcus's soccer game) and went to Tipton.  The weather was questionable, but did not rain.  The demo was well done by the students and Cale even had to lead a kata.  (A kata that he mostly knew-oops.  I think it's inspired him to practice more at home.) I drove 10 little boys from the demo to the start of the parade-that 12 passenger van is good for lots of things.  Then Kinley and I went and had some lunch and walked to the end of the parade route.  The karate studio had a really great place in line and we didn't have to wait too long to see the boys.
lots of fire trucks from area services

Kinley enjoyed part of the parade.  Then, she got tired and took a nap in the stroller.

My karate boys!

My one picture of them walking in the parade.  I know-I forgot to have the camera ready when I saw them approaching.

No comments: