Monday, September 8, 2014

a hot night for a bit of band

(So, I might be a little behind on posts....)

Well, way back in August, the middle school band students got to play with the high school band at half-time of the high school football game.  Each grade level got to walk onto the field and play their song.  Cool idea.  Marcus was pumped.  The 6th grade was playing "Go. Fight. Win".  I had the pleasure of bringing along the rest of the children, all of which had to go to Ewan's soccer practice first.  And, the weather was super-hot and super-humid.  Yippee.

Hydrating it up before going into the game.

That sure is sweat on Liam's forehead.  It was soooooo hot! 

No one wanted to sit still in the bleachers.  The rocks were much neater to play in.


At least they got to see the husky dog.

Finally!  Half-time!  We waited through a lot of stuff for this moment.  The kids were losing it.  Kinley was a mess.  I was counting down the seconds until the half was over and the band stuff would start.  Of course, the 6th graders came out last.  Here's Marcus, second from the left.  

(Marcus, to the right of the purple shirt lady.)

The band sounded not bad. Marcus looked like he knew what he was doing-which is as good a complement as I can give since he was playing with about a 100 other people.  As soon as they were done playing, I fast walked the kids to the van, turned on the air, put in a movie and went to get Marcus.  I don't think I had ever sweat so much just standing around before.  Not gonna lie-I was glad to be done with that activity.



No comments: