Saturday, February 12, 2011

meet guacamole!


I think we've found our paint color for the rest of the downstairs! After many trips to Menards, many paint strips and five other paint samples on the walls, we have found a green that looks great, goes well with the dark brown in the front room (called pumpernickel) and does not make the room too dark. It's called guacamole and I'm sure we will be buying our first can of it in the next few weeks. I'm excited to have a direction now with the color so we can finish painting. Parts of this paint job should be cake-several large walls with not a lot of trim work. And, then there's the kitchen-around the cabinets, pulling out the appliances-that could take a little longer. It seems like I always want to paint, or have Andy paint something, while I'm pregnant. It must be a nesting thing. Maybe my babies secretly crave paint fumes, I don't know. But, I know that there have been paint jobs with every pregancy I've had: Marcus-his bedroom, Cale-his and Marcus's bedroom (different house), Ewan-living room, my bedroom, Liam-his future bedroom (different house), and now new baby-the entire downstairs, touch-ups to Liam's room and (hopefully) our bedroom. I do have until June :-).

No comments: