Friday, February 18, 2011

I made a bargain

I had a scheduled OB check-up today. It was nothing exciting, and everything went fine. I went with the mission to get my doctor to agree to not let me take the glucose tolerance test and just write me a precscription for accu-check test strips for my glucometer. My arguement (besides not wanting to sit for an hour after drinking that disgusting sugar drink) was that started this pregnancy overweight, I work nights, I don't exercise, my diet isn't awesome and I did have gestational diabetes with Liam. In my mind, I was thinking that if I failed the test, then I would have to take the 3 hour test. And, what if I failed that, then I would have to go to a diabetic class again and start testing my blood sugar. I thought, that maybe I could cut out all the middle steps and go right to the end. Well, my doctor and I made a bargain that I would take the 1 hour test (because I have a 50% chance of passing) and if I pass-great! And, if I fail, then she will write a prescription for the test strips and I will not have to take the 3 hour test. It's better than having to sit for 3 hours in the doctor's office and I only have to get stuck once. The test is 5 weeks from now, so we'll see what happens.

No comments: