Saturday, April 3, 2010

the simple things

Yesterday was great. It really made me appreciate, once again, living where we do. And, maybe I'm feeling a little nostalgic as I sit here and listen to Cale and Ewan argue. Or, maybe I just want to remember the a couple of the nice, easy days. Either way, I'm recording it here.

After breakfast, Marcus got on the bus (right outside our house-I love that we live on the corner). Then, Andy rollerbladed with Ewan in the jogging stroller to the local coffee shop (we get our coffee from here all the time-we can't buy coffee from the grocery store anymore-coffee snobs). It was a beautiful day, a perfect day for yard work, and Andy didn't have to go in to work (doesn't mean that he still didn't get phone calls/texts from parents, atheletes, coaches and a doctor). Cale and I went to the hardware store in town and bought some mulch-20 bags!. The sales lady looked at me like I was crazy when I said it, but 20 bags is what it took to cover the areas that needed it. We also swung by the administration building to drop off my background check for that substitute school nurse position that I applied for (really I think the interview was to check and see if I was a normal person and wouldn't scare the kids). While Andy put down the mulch, the boys played outside with the little girls from next door. Lunch and naptime followed. Andy was foiled in his attempt to go for a bike ride by a flat tire (no worries, he got 2 new innertubes last night and is currently riding the blue "dan henries"-bike path marking from a bike race). Instead of bike riding, Andy edged the lawn, raked the cut grass from yesterday, cleaned off the grill and moved the picnic bench back outside. Marcus came home from school and invited a boy across the street to come over. The boy's two little brothers came over too, so we had a bunch of little boys running around the yard. After dinner, Andy took Marcus, Cale and Ewan to get those innertubes he needed and supplies for milkshakes. Liam and I stayed home and played with toys. The milkshakes were delicious and then it was time to get the boyos to bed! Then, Andy and I were able to watch a movie, thank you Rebox! ("Men who stare at Goats"-it was okay-we kept getting interrupted by Ewan's attempts to stay up all night)

What a great day! I'm not writing this to brag, or rub in how awesome life is, because sometimes it's not and I think we remember the not awesome times more because of the emotions involved. We forget those just nice days, and I know there are tons of those to remember. So, I'm thankful for my blog, my techno diary, where I can record nice days like this.

No comments: