Monday, April 12, 2010

the people that you meet in Illinois

Last week was our spring break and we went back to Illinois for a few days. It was great to see everyone and of course, we did the whirlwind tour of all the towns. We got to Decatur in time for dinner on Tuesday. Since I had worked the night before, I got to sleep in the car while Andy drove. The next day, we had an impromtu visit to our friends the Bradd family in Clinton. Thank you to the "Clinton don" for treating us to lunch!

Here are the Shaffer boys, the Bradd boys and Cassie-along for the trip.


Ranae, me and Kim. Ranae is ready to have Bradd baby #4 any day now!


We spent Thursday in Decatur, just hanging out. We got treated to lunch on Thursday, too. Hey, visiting is great! The cousins didn't get much face time, though. Savannah and Marie had school-their spring break was the week before we visited.


On Thursday night, we went to Jim's house in Sherman. Bitsy and the girls drove up to see everybody. We had to take the obligatory grandkid photo. We are missing Maddie, who decided not to have her picture taken. I think some of the other cousins were thinking the same thing.


Some of the Shaffer boys/men.

We had to leave Friday morning because I had to work that night. And, actually, I got called off of work which was fantastic because I am much happier when I work 2 days a week instead of 3 (but that is an entirely different post). The boys were worn out and ready to be home. It took a couple days to get back to our routine, but I think we've got it now. We're ready to meet the rest of the school year!

No comments: