Wednesday, February 10, 2010

soccer photos

Here are some photos from Marcus and Cale's indoor soccer league. It's already halfway done for Marcus since this is a 6 week league. Cale's first game was postponed due to the weather, so he will go one week longer than Marcus.

Andy with his team. Their name is the Dynamos. Maybe it's also the name of a pro soccer team, I'm not sure. Obviously, Liam decided to huddle up with the kids, too. Who let him wander out there? What kind of mother does he have?-one that is too busy taking pictures!



Marcus practicing he defensive skills. This is the first time he's played organized soccer.


working on dribbling and shooting


Cale working on dribbling.


Cale, in line, ready to go!

As you may have noticed, both Cale and Marcus are wearing orange jersies. Same colors, different age groups. But, this was by accident. The first week of soccer, Cale was actually with another team-called the Rapids, I think. They went around to different stations and worked on different skills. The second week, the week these photos were taken, Andy and I and the boys sat down in chairs near where Cale's practice had ended the week before, but not near where he had started with his team. Well, he practiced with the orange team last week instead of the team he had been assigned to. No one noticed, including us, until after practice was well over. What to do? Do I let Cale stay with the orange team or do I redirect him back to the white team(the one he should be on)? I worried over this for a while (Andy said not to, it's just YMCA soccer for crying out loud). Happy to say, I have made up my mind. I am going to have Cale play on the team he was originally assigned to. This will help keep numbers more even and help with equality of playing time. It also means Cale may have to exchange his orange jersey for a white one (and white socks). Hopefully it goes smoothly. I guess later pictures will show you what happens next.

No comments: